Invisalign is one of the most interesting options for tooth straightening offered by modern dentistry. Invisalign is a modern technique to straighten teeth and uses a custom made array of nearly invisible and removable aligners specially made to fit your unique smiles. The aligners are smooth and comfortable and gently rest on your teeth. What’s better is that Invisalign does not have any metal brackets or wires. If you are interested in speaking with our dentists to see if Invisalign is right for you, call Upland Dental Group & Implant Center at (909) 985-1966 today.
What to know before treatment
A dentist will make a treatment plan first and help you understand how your teeth will change as you move throughout the treatment. Before you can actually begin, you should know that you will be wearing the aligners for at least 22 hours a day. That commitment is essential to you getting the best treatment you can, and with the fewest mistakes.
Now Invisalign may not be a good treatment option for you if you have severe issues with your teeth, such as needing a root canal or severe decay. After those issues have been resolved, you can use Invisalign to help straighten your smile.
Other important things to consider
There are a number of things that you should consider which will have a major impact on the ability of the treatment to be very effective. Here are just a few of them.
- Be sure to soak the aligners in a solution of Listerine twice a week and brush the aligners without toothpaste to keep them clean and germ free.
- If the tray has some rough edges you can file them down with an emery board to smooth them out.
- You can follow the Invisalign diet which calls for minor adjustments to your eating and drinking habits, which can help prevent food particles that can get stuck and create decay and even lead to cavities. Brushing your teeth after eating will be better than putting the aligners back on directly after the meal.
- Regular dental checkups are important to examine the progress of the treatments and to ensure that your teeth are realigning effectively.
- Do not eat or drink hot items as they can warm and warp the aligners.
- Again, you will need to wear the Invisalign for at least 22 hours, even at night. This gives them the time they need to adjust your smile slowly over time so that you can have the perfect aligned teeth.
If you are ready to take the next step and invest in creating your perfect smile, call us at Upland Dental Group & Implant Center (909) 985-1966 to arrange your appointment today.